Monday, October 17, 2005

Intermission

Things I Can Do Guilt-free Now That I Am Unmarried Person (note: I am still officially married)

1. Eat many varieties of meat, including some kind of Portuguese steak.
2. Smoke.
3. Drink heartily.
4. Talk on the phone for more than 15 minutes.
5. Have friends.
6. Write.
7. Make stuff. Spend over one hour making stuff.
8. Hug my dog.
9. Sleep with my dog every night.
10. Talk to my dog on any topic, for any length of time that I choose.
11. Talk.
12. Feel.
13. Emote.
14. Think pure evil thoughts and occasionally say them out loud.
15. Lust after strangers.
16. Lust after nonstrangers.
17. Listen to George Jones.
18. Listen to Tammy Wynette.
19. Watch the Lifetime movies “Sex and the Single Mom” and “Sex and the Single Mom II.”
20. Believe in god.
21. Be uncool.
22. Be totally cool.
23. Hate most indie rock music.
24. Hate all people that communicate solely through movie quotes.
25. Need my sister.
26. Be sarcastic, mean, and unhappy.
27. Be uncute. Be the opposite of cute.
28. Be a total fucking bitch.
29. Be alone.
30. Be alone.
31. Be alone.

One for each year I've been alive. Though that's a coincidence.

8 Comments:

Blogger Somerville Hound and Kitty Care said...

i find this list inspiring.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too.

9:19 PM  
Blogger LCALeasure said...

rock on.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

Now that I don't feel guilty about being mean/negative/unhappy, I find that I am rarely mean/negative/unhappy. Why can't they* learn that not being allowed to have these feelings is what exacerbates them? I yell this question to the gods nightly. Actually, I yell it less frequently now, as I have more important things to think about.

*I don't know who they is. Every person I've dated and most members of my family, I think.

11:21 AM  
Blogger good golly said...

i LOATHE communicating through movie quotes. i have a whole theory about it. and encylopedic knowledge of bands/albums. the are linked through my tandem-hate.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

Yes, these two traits often go hand in hand. I would like to hear your theory...wonder if it resembles mine.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Who's the dourest of them all? said...

After I read this I felt positively drunk. Drunk with sad. Drunk with happy. Drunk with uncompromising honesty. Yet, needless to say, I haven't been drinking.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

Oh, I've missed you!!! And look at your hottie photo!

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home