Monday, October 31, 2005

Shrew's Spleen Corner

Dear Readers,

I hope that my husband’s new girlfriend is patient. The guy can talk. And that she has no needs of her own. And is able to translate his language (a combination of quotes from I Heart Huckabees and the Wes Anderson oeuvre). And is not offended by his sexist humor (and certainly never claims that women in this country have any difficulty of any kind). And that she is not “negative” (of COURSE she isn’t). Oh, and (yes, I’m going to say it) likes having sex that lasts 1-2 minutes.

Love,
Shrew

4 Comments:

Blogger Somerville Hound and Kitty Care said...

I love spleen corner. We should create an entire blog, with many individuals, titled "spleen corner"--or,of course, you could just use it for a book title. Bless you for saying this stuff, and for the last few entries. It's been nice to come back and see everyone's entries...I esp like the Plath and Pollock entries. I like thinking about where ever the fuck it is that we've been conditioned to put our anger, and what might happen should it be unleashed all at once.

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might amuse you to know that P. thinks, has apparently always thought but never said, that your soon to be ex is a profound dork, the complete opposite of cool, etc.

I myself am often shocked at the strong opinions that P. does not express until the obligation (or perceived obligation) to be genial to a person is no longer. (Though he would never be unkind TO someone who he doesn't like, he apparently does not feel free to badmouth them until they have safely exited his extended social circle.)

Apparently, though you and P. barely know each other, he has always thought that your hubby was the lucky one to have landed someone like you. And yes, he used those words.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

I don't know if he's a profound dork universally...but he's the wrong dork for me.

5:26 AM  
Blogger good golly said...

ha. i just laughed out loud during a website training at work.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home