Friday, December 16, 2005

Shrew's Spleen Corner

Dear Readers,

I want to live in a city! I want to live in a city! I want to live in a city!

For happiness, I currently require:

Real artists, not undergrads. Real museums.
Real "ethnic" food. Not the slop served on one street in this town which stays mediocre forever because there's no competition and everyone just accepts it
People over 30
People over 30 who are not parents
People over 30 who are not grad students
The ability to walk down the street in state of peace and harmony (not terrified that I will have to run into exes and their pathetic associates)
Readings, bookstores, and other writers not affiliated with a university
Many coffee shops in which I know no one
Many bars in which I know no one
Many city streets in which I no one
Dog parks
Dog parks with cute dog-owners, maybe around 38 years old, professional but in some kind of field like entomology, definitely not an "artist" in any way, someone who thinks that it's cool that I'm a poet and doesn't want me to be bubbly or cute and doesn't make me feel guilty for not going on the pill and doesn't act weird when I ask for his sexual history. For laid-back dating purposes only.
Seafood
The ocean
Mountains
My sister

(This isn't very spleen-y, I guess, though in an early version I referred to the ex as "Mr. Choad," which I may use another time in an angrier post)

Love,
Shrew

1 Comments:

Blogger charlie said...

You will come visit me, right? I might even be able to offer you a place to stay. Someday. Sorry about your prick ass. I have some rotted charred pantyhose that I would be happy to mail if you give me Mr. Choad's address.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home