Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Because I don't have time to write anything else

I really will write a new dead crush soon, as soon as I answer all of these damn work emails (so it might be next week). I have three in the works: Elvis, Joseph Cornell, and John Ritter. Any votes?

What I keep thinking about is how my brother says "All of the sudden" instead of "All of a sudden." Has he always said this? Or is it a result of his new Super Michigan Marriage? He also now has a really strong Michigan accent. It makes me want to say, as I often say to my family members (inside my head): Who ARE you?

That doesn't sum up my holiday season very well. It was kind of wonderful. I spent a great deal of time in a car, I talked and talked and talked, I was given a gift, I sat in a hot tub, I watched a very small baby do a couple of things, I walked a dog, I got drunk, I avoided drama with someone I tend to be very dramatic about, I watched part of the movie "Lust in the Dust" starring Divine, I ate many cookies, I smoked about 8 cigarettes, I laid on a hotel bed, I slid in something on a city street and twisted my ankle but kept beaming through it all because being there made me so happy, I fought with my mom, I held hands with my sister, I watched King Kong (shudder), I went to bed at 10 on New Year's Eve as an excuse to avoid playing games with my family because that's the kind of daughter I am.

Now I have to get back to work because I am wicked behind.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

"Wicked behind," eh? You were in New England!

(Color me jealous.)

7:10 AM  
Blogger Evie P. said...

John Ritter!

Hi. Call me when work settles down?

9:42 AM  
Blogger LCALeasure said...

John Ritter! Seconded.
Lust in the dust is a true classic.
You did make me wicked nostalgiac for my homeland. Although nu tells me its <30 and snowbound, which I don't miss one tiny, itty bitty bit. It still hasn't broke 40 here.
I'm glad you're back. was getting lonely in blog land....

10:09 AM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

Yeah, it's wicked cold there guy. FUCK! (Imagine that in a NH accent. Or Dan, in your accent.)

I was so hoping you would say John Ritter.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

oh, and I will call you ms. P. Can we drink martinis? Or whiskey? I really need drinks.

11:52 AM  
Blogger koyama said...

I think your suggestions for the empty picture frame was probably the funniest thing I have ever read. I vote for option #1. I used to think that if men were more like women the world would be a better place. Then, I got a job in an office full of menopausal women and it makes me want to scratch my eyes out. I can think of many things that should be done to Mr.Choad....

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home