Saturday, December 02, 2006

Dear Ambien,

My moving stress is still happening. I keep pretending like it's over, that I'm all settled in and that everything is cool, but I keep forgetting that 4 months ago I was driving across the country with my dog in cage and my mom riding shotgun and my dad a few miles ahead of us in a giant U-Haul. We stayed in a Red Roof Inn together and I cried the next morning at Bob Evans. Four months ago. That's it. Since then, I've had a total of 4 jobs, one new roomate, one dog with a major separation anxiety problem (still working on this one), several nervous breakdowns, a terrible back problem, an insane boss (the one I have now), one bedroom that is so crowded with furniture that I can't walk around in it, at least 6 incidents where I've either gotten totally lost or ended up in nightmarish traffic situations, and drank approximately 200 beers and 30 bottles of wine. And slept maybe 5 hours a night if I'm lucky. Not to mention the whole RMV incident(s). And having to quit a job in the middle of it. Two jobs, actually. And saying no to two interviews recently even though I'm not so sure about my new job. Through all of this, I haven't gotten sick or hurt (except the back issue, which was completely linked to a terrible job situation). I've moved all of my furniture twice. I'm learning how to live with someone again. Jesus Christ, I deserve some kind of medal. Or flowers (I bought myself some today). Or a vintage black leather Coach shoulder bag (ditto).

And you, Ambien. I forgot you were still around. I'm going to drink a bottle of Chimay with NU tonight, I hope, while we assemble her Christmas tree. Then I will drift into your blissful ether, and hopefully I will awaken feeling human again. Sleeplessness makes me into a robot and robots aren't good writers. They're good office-slaves, but I want to be a writer too. Thank you for understanding this. See you soon.

Love,
Shrew

4 Comments:

Blogger Body Mascot said...

Sometimes I feel like you should be writing screenplays.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Lesblogs said...

hell, I'm still recovering from the 3 (2 cross country) moves in one year. I have now lived in the same apartment for a year and 23 days and am starting to feel normal (for me) again.

moving sucks.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Shrew said...

lesblogs, I can't believe you did this twice in one year. I would spontaneously combust if I had to do that.

body mascot, sometimes it helps to think of my life as a movie. During some of the worst parts I would probably laugh.

ps the Ambien didn't work. And the next night the dog was up sick all night and I had to take her to the doggie emergency room. I think it's time for stronger drugs. Or maybe someone could hit me over the head with a dull object.

I will feel "normal" someday. I will.

5:17 AM  
Blogger dark_one said...

My name is Catherine Snow and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ambien.

I have taken for 1 years. I am 57 years old. Works great if I take it on an empty stomach, and get right into bed. If you take it and try to keep yourself awake, you can override the pill and be up all night.

Side Effects :
None.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Catherine Snow

Ambien Prescription Information

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home