Friday, February 16, 2007

The Problem:

I really, really hate my job. The main reason is that I don't know what my job is. The main reason for that is that my boss is a raving psychopath. One minute I'm helping with event planning for an enormous VIP-ridden event (I don't give a shit about VIPs, I've learned, unless they are Emmylou Harris), the next I'm making her foil (single process) appointment with Brad Pitt's stylist and calling the chef to tell him that she needs her crudite on a round plate rather than a rectangular one. Some days I stare at my computer all day and want to off myself. On other days I run around like a crazy person, trying my best to do what I'm asked with only 20-30% of the information I need. Often in heels.

Today I learned that one of my coworkers is quitting in two weeks, which will increase my workload, confusion, and general sense of unbalance that has been accelerating since I got this job about tenfold. I'm kind of in denial about how much it's really going to suck. Maybe I'm just in shock. I had an interview last week for a job I actually want, so maybe I'll get out of there soon.

But for this evening, anyway, I have a solution: 1. Weed. 2. The carpenter. Not necessarily in that order.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home