Monday, January 23, 2006

This Has Nothing To Do with Dead Crushes

It has to do with my own horn, which I am about to toot. I never thought that a journal this persnickety and snobby would like a weirdo like me, but it turns out that when your former professor solicits your work, it helps you to get published in PLOUGHSHARES.

Sorry to blab like this, but I don't really have many real live people around to tell, and my dog just really doesn't care that much if it isn't chewstick related.

It's coming out in April. And my poem in Verse, which was accepted over two years ago, is coming out next month, supposedly.

Ok, done bragging. Now I'm going to do a little dance.

5 Comments:

Blogger LCALeasure said...

Wow! Congratulatins Shrew!! Of course Ploughshares wants you. Your work is brilliant. In fact, I wish you'd send me a poem. Please? a few even? I only got to hear you once at a reading and I feel deprived.
sigh
yd

1:56 PM  
Blogger good golly said...

amazing.

although, not surprising.

congratulations.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Julia Story said...

Thanks...

Actually, the new Verse is out. It came out November 2 and they didn't send me my copy. I guess I have to order one. I gotta say that I like them a lot, but there is some sketchiness going on there.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more of your work gets printed, the happier I am. Can't wait to read your debuts in Ploughshares and Verse.

Congrats!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Evie P. said...

Oh, hey! Wow. Good for you!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home